xpBargains Forums

xpBargains Forums (http://www.xpbargains.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hot Deals & Coupons (http://www.xpbargains.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   PS3 and wii tracker (http://www.xpbargains.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5803)

rapidcreek1@cab 11-20-2006 08:22 PM

alarm

Would it be possible to set an alarm tone to go off when one came up for sale on your trackers?, Really like the way it performs, also what time zone is your time setup for? thanx, keep up the great site :)

xpBargains 11-21-2006 12:29 AM

time zone added.

alarm tone is tricky, and not necessary. you can use an RSS reader to play a sound as soon as it detects a new item via our rss feed.

Edit: now we include instructions on how to set up alarm on your PC. see first post.

composer790 11-22-2006 04:18 AM

hi.. just wondering if you guys might add more websites to the ps3 tracker?

sonystyle..circuit city....sams club?

let me know

thanks

:)

xpBargains 11-22-2006 03:30 PM

composer790, we already have these stores in the PS3 tracker.

judyneric 11-23-2006 08:36 AM

RSS Feeds?

Hi, I am having trouble with the RSS Feeds.

I used FeedReader, and it puledl no data at all from the PS3 and Wii feeds.

I then tried Google Reader, and it did pull some info from both the PS3 and Wii feeds, but not nearly as much info as is on, for example, the "PlayStation 3 Tracker Log" at the bottom of the actual tracker pages.

For example, the RSS feed for the PS3 on Google Reader shows the latest postings as a Nov 22 for WalMart, a Nov 20 for GameStop, and Nov 19 for Circuit City.

If one looks at the "PlayStation 3 Tracker Log", there are 14 different entries dated for Nov 22 and 23 alone. :eek:

Am I doing something wrong :confused: , or is all of the info that shows up on the actual tracking pages not being sent to the RSS?

Thanks!

xpBargains 11-23-2006 08:40 AM

judyneric, rss feed only has items which are currently in stock.

google reader keeps a cache of our rss feed, and they don't refresh very often. that's why it's kind of like our tracker log.

i'd just use the rss reader client, and make it check out rss feed every 10 minutes, and play an alert sound whenever something is found.

xpBargains 11-23-2006 07:27 PM

nightsong, thank you for your valuable feedback. we just added the non-bundled wii from walmart to our wii tracker.

please let us know if there is anything else we should add.

xpBargains 11-27-2006 10:10 PM

kentuckyfried, sorry to hear that. there might be software or web services that can help you. i googled and found this:

http://www.emailtophone.com, but I have no experience with the software.

livejamie 11-28-2006 11:41 PM

how come the journeyed title keeps saying "Nintendo Wii Bundle w/ 2 Games" ?

when i go to the site i don't see any mention of any games that come with it, let alone any wii games on the site itself?

i'm confused.

JonBiz32 11-29-2006 03:47 AM

how often is this tracker updated?? i mean timing is Crucial and if u dont have the info right away then u r probably out of luck

flying_dutch 11-29-2006 05:01 AM

JourneyEd - WII is NOT in stock

I just got off the phone with them after placing an order late last night....customer service told me they will have them "the end of December".

Yavin 11-29-2006 05:07 AM

Journeyed.com has no Wii Consoles

Same results for me. They will not have them until late December. I asked them where that was defined on the site and they said it wasn't but was being added. Canceled my order...grrrrrr.

bugman 11-29-2006 05:53 AM

Verified

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_dutch
I just got off the phone with them after placing an order late last night....customer service told me they will have them "the end of December".

I just verified this, and I cancelled my order with them... :(

orpyak 11-29-2006 06:44 AM

journeyed.com WILL NOT have Wii consoles B4 XMAS

I just called journeyed.com customer service and cancelled my order. :mad:

They stated that they would not be getting Wii consoles in until sometime after Christmas.
:eek:

Call journeyed.com customer service at (800) 874-9001 to confirm what I'm stating and to cancel your order, if after Christmas is too late for you.

xpBargains 11-29-2006 07:45 AM

updated tracker. sorry for the inconvenience of journeyed.