xpBargains Home | Amazon | Dell | HP | Best-Card.com | xpCoupons
<?=?>
Free Newsletter & Deal Alert

Go Back   xpBargains Forums > Main Category > Hot Deals & Coupons
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 04-08-2007, 03:57 PM

Don't forget.............

....at most Gamestop/EBs you can trade any 2 wii games (not the sports disc), new or used, for 1 new game, so as a last resort that's better than nothing. But deffo try as many stores as possible first Mr. Righteous.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:37 AM

Wii tracker giving false "in stock" for toys r us

The Wii tracker is showing that Toys R Us has the Wii in stock for $250, but it isn't in stock.

This may be the fault of Toys R Us as the page lists the item's availability as in stock, however there is no button to add the item to your cart. According to the Toys R Us website the availability status should be hidden if the item is, in fact, out of stock.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:37 AM

toysrus changed their script. their "add to cart" is present in the html file even if the product is not in stock.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:34 PM

So does that mean Toys-R-Us will never have the Wii's in stock?

Because I checked the site when RSS notified me, but it said it's not available online.

help please?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:14 AM

no, toysrus did have wii in stock for a very short period of time
Old 06-13-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpBargains
no, toysrus did have wii in stock for a very short period of time

The wii tracker appears to be useless as far as Toys R Us is concerned. I noticed a pattern on the wii tracker log. The wii seems to be in stock at :44 past the hour. I went to the Toys R Us link at about 39 past the hour and the add to cart button was available, but when clicked it said the item was not available. The wii tracker hadn't alerted that the wii was in stock at Toys R Us yet. So, either the wii was never really in stock or it sold out before the wii tracker even knew about it.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:35 AM

I was pretty persitant with checking on the Toys-R-Us link and after about a week I finally got to order one!
Problem is I got it in the mail and all that was in the box was the base, the manuals and the Wii Sports disk! The shipped box showed no sign of tampering at all.
All they offered me was to ship it back with a full refund and I get shipping on another one free when it becomes availible again. They "can not" or will not find a way to just ship me a new one when they get them back in stock. So I'm back at the start again. And short $250 bucks til up to 10 days after they get the nearly empty box back in their posesion.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbharr
I was pretty persitant with checking on the Toys-R-Us link and after about a week I finally got to order one!
Problem is I got it in the mail and all that was in the box was the base, the manuals and the Wii Sports disk! The shipped box showed no sign of tampering at all.
All they offered me was to ship it back with a full refund and I get shipping on another one free when it becomes availible again. They "can not" or will not find a way to just ship me a new one when they get them back in stock. So I'm back at the start again. And short $250 bucks til up to 10 days after they get the nearly empty box back in their posesion.

did the Wii tracker help at all, or did you just keep checking the Toys r us site manually?
Old 06-22-2007, 02:07 PM

I used the site most of the time.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:42 PM

Circuit City

Clicked the link for the bundle that the wii tracker said that CC had, and I was able to add just the console to my basket, and complete the order. We'll see if they actually ship the thing or not.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drax13
Clicked the link for the bundle that the wii tracker said that CC had, and I was able to add just the console to my basket, and complete the order. We'll see if they actually ship the thing or not.

I bought the bundle ones from Friday 6/22 from CC. It was shipped on the same day and arrived today. Fedex left it at my door step according to my tracking number.

Planning on returning some of the accessories and games I was forced to buy due to the bundle.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:03 PM

I'm not too worried about the returning the stuff. Two of the accessories I was *forced* to buy, the extra controller and nunchuk, I chose for pick up at store. If I don't pick them up in 14 days, they just assume I'm not going to buy them.

The other 2 accessories, I picked 1 game and a USB Wifi. I thought I needed the USB Wifi for online. Turns out I don't. So, that's going back also. Since they are all new and unopenned, I don't think it'll be a problem.

What concerns me is the Wii box that I received from CC. The Wii box itself was not sealed. No security tab or sticker thing that usually covers the flap of the box. I'm leary it might not be 100% new. I took a quick peek at the unit and cables, they do look new.

Can someone confirm if the CC Wii units come in boxes that are sealed or not?

Thanks.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:30 AM

I bought the console from CC, I ordered it Monday and received it Tuesday. It was completely new, nothing was open at all.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:42 AM

Just a side note - in the last 2 days I bought a Wii and a 360 Elite thanks to the xp trackers
Old 06-27-2007, 09:59 AM

bravo7 - mine appears new as well. But usually w/ most electronic goods that I buy these days, the product box itself has a sticker by the flap.

Does your Wii box prior to you opening it, has any sticker that you have to peel off?